The following are the terms and conditions imposed by The House of Tiles for the services we provide on our website, tiles.ae.
1. Any price quotation provided by The House of Tiles shall be deemed to be for the purpose of information only and shall not constitute an offer to sell.
2. Unless otherwise stated in writing, all prices quoted are inclusive of VAT (if applicable). Quotations are valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
3. The House of Tiles must be notified by e-mail within 48 hours of delivery of any claims by the buyer of any shortage or damage to goods in transit. Risk, in respect of the goods, passes directly to the buyer from the moment of delivery.
4. Shading is an inherent feature of ceramic tiles. The buyer must order the correct quantity for the project requirements, as The House of Tiles cannot guarantee against crazing or shade variation.
5. The number of tiles per square metre is nominal, but the buyer will be responsible for ensuring sufficient quantity of tiles are ordered to cover the required area. We recommend that you agree to add an additional 10% to cover waste and cuts.
6. We try to get your orders to you as quickly as we possibly can, and subject to stock levels we will endeavour to get orders packed and despatched the day the order arrives with us. If you decide to cancel the order after it is on the lorry there may be a charge to you to cover our expense in returning the pallet to the warehouse for re-sale.
7. Orders are accepted and promises for delivery given conditionally upon our being able to secure the necessary material, and without responsibility for delays arising through risks and uncertainties of manufacture, strike, accidents, or other causes beyond our control.
8. All invoices will be dated the month the goods are dispatched from the factory or our warehouse, all amounts are strictly net. Extension of credit cannot be allowed.
9. In the event the payment is not made as follows: 50% upon order, and 50% before dispatch, no order will be fulfilled. We do not accept responsibility for any project delays incurred by late delivery as a result the payment not being made as per our terms and conditions.
10. Please check your tiles carefully before fixing. Shade variation is a design feature of most of our tiles. If for any reason you are not happy with the shade of your tiles, we cannot accept responsibility after the tiles have been fixed. Fixing the tiles to a substrate means that you have accepted the tiles in their present state so no refunds or replacements will be offered. Please ensure you are happy with the shade of your tiles before you start any project.
12. The supply of goods does not mean that they are suitable for a specific installation. We can only be held responsible for any failure on products supplied by us, to the extent that the manufacturer of such products is prepared to guarantee the same. No tiles are guaranteed against crazing.
13. Prices are subject to alteration without notice.
14. We are able to provide a specialist tiler for projects. This will be added to a quotation as per your requirements. Should you decide to engage us to install your tiles, you will accept responsibility for the safety of the specialist tiler while onsite. You will be responsible for inspecting the work of the tiler, and any problems which may arise out of the work completed by the tiler must be informed to us within 24 hours of the work being carried out.
15. The House of Tiles cannot, under any circumstances, entertain any financial demands from the customer for late or incorrect delivery. As a company we always recommend that you never book a tiler until you have the tiles delivered.
16. Tiles will be shrink-wrapped on a pallet and delivered to the ground level edge of the address. The driver will not be able to assist getting the tiles into your property due to insurance limitations.
17. We provide samples free of charge. If you require a sample please use the ‘Request Sample” button and fill out the form.
18. We expect returned tiles in a re-saleable condition. Therefore we recommend that you put the tiles back on the pallet they were delivered on, and securely fasten the tiles so they are not able to move around. It is always helpful in the event that damage may be caused in transit to take a couple of photographs before they are wrapped and when they are wrapped, before they are collected. Because of batching issues etc, we can only accept returns within 28 days of the tiles being delivered.
19. We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized employees within the company on a need to know basis only use any information collected from individual customers. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers.